Brasserie & Winebar Kensington is looking for a General Manger to take the helm. We are looking for someone with great leadership qualities and wanting to take the business to the next level of service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input and assist in developing a yearly business plan and financial budget with Restaurant Owner and Accountant.
- Execute business plan and manage financial budget. Report progress updates, including successes and challenges, to Restaurant Owner and Accountant on a monthly basis.
- Report and seek approval from Restaurant Owner for monetary needs above and beyond financial and budget plans.
- Maximize financial performance and profit of restaurants, while maintaining a positive work environment and positive customer experience.
- Review all weekly and end-of-period reports, analyze, and make adjustments accordingly. Consult and work with the Chef de Cuisine to implement changes.
- Assign and delegate tasks to management team as needed to ensure efficient and effective business management and delivery of service.
- Utilize labour effectively to reduce staffing costs while maintaining high quality of service.
- Take a proactive approach to ensure the physical building, restaurant premises (including patios), and equipment are maintained, clean, organized, and in good working order. Report any significant or high cost repairs/maintenance to Restaurant Owner.
- Ensure restaurant meets all health and safety requirements and regulations, in accordance with the Alberta Public Health Act and Food Regulations.
- Immediately address and correct any issues identified by Public Health Inspectors.
- Ensure the safety and security of all staff. Meet or exceed all requirements outlined by Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Oversee and hold accountable any third-party work done within the restaurants (e.g. night cleaners, repair persons, etc.).
- Prepare, update, and implement wine/beer/liquor menus in collaboration with Assistant General Manager (AGM) and Bar Supervisor, and outside consultants as necessary. Communicate all menu changes to Owner and update.
- Review and update all wine/beer/liquor costing and pricing on a weekly basis.
- Complete wine/beer/liquor inventory when AGM is absent.
- Issue due backs to employees.
- Provide floor support to FOH staff during service.
- Fill Shift Supervisor position when one is not available, and when AGM is absent.
- Management & Kitchen tips disbursement
- Oversee cash out & problem solve