The Sturgeon Valley Golf & CC is a year round facility located on the outskirts of St. Albert and close to Edmonton. We are looking for a passionate, energetic, well organized, highly motivated Executive Chef to join our Club.
Executive Chef – Sturgeon Valley Golf & C.C
The Sturgeon Valley Golf & C.C located on the outskirts of St. Albert and with close proximity to North Edmonton is seeking the services of an Executive Chef. Our year-round, semi- private Golf facility caters to a membership of over 450 and hosts many golf & non-golf related events. Our facility is currently undergoing renovations which will see upgrades to the kitchen, golfers lounge, 10th tee concession and banquet area. We are looking for a highly organized, qualified individual to join our team whose creative flair, innovation and passion for food will allow all who visit the club to enjoy a superior food experience.
Reporting to the General Manager, job functions include but are not limited to the following;
- Working with the F.O.H team you will execute smooth operation of food produced and presented at the Club.
- Accountable for managing the day to day operations of the kitchen with your presence on the floor.
- Effectively manage the departmental budget thru prudent purchasing, inventory control, effective pricing and labor cost control.
- Guide, train, direct and lead the kitchen team in all aspects of the department.
- Drive innovation by actively promoting new menu items, specials & features at the Club.
- Adhere to company policy, procedures and values with staff and guests.
- Work positively & cooperatively with all golf course staff, Club members, Directors & guests at the Club.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Red Seal designation with minimum 5 years’ experience in a first-class professional kitchen.
- Banquet & large events experience a must.
- Proven ability to drive revenue and maintain margin without sacrificing guest experience.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership experience in a kitchen environment.
- Menu design and effective communication/ marketing of ideas and concepts.
- Strong business acumen
- Golf Course experience considered an asset.
Start date: March 15, 2017
The Sturgeon Valley Golf & C.C offers a positive work environment with a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit, in confidence, your cover letter and resume to:
General Manager/Executive Professional
Sturgeon Valley Golf & C.C
Fax: 780 973 3199
Mail: Box 95 St. Albert, Alberta T8N 1N2
The SVGCC thanks all applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.