As a cook in our kitchen, you will acquire the skills, knowledge, experience, and confidence needed to become a world-class cook. In addition to your on-going training, you will also have the opportunity to participate in the JOEY apprentice program.
Cooks new to the kitchen start as appetizer and salad cooks—a place to see if they have what it takes in hand/eye coordination, discipline, and perseverance, to become a great line cook. Those who will succeed in this role will have a determination to succeed and be willing to learn and be coached by others on their team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of or interest in attaining a certification in culinary arts.
- 1+ years of cooking experience in a similar environment is seen as a strong asset.
- Food safe and First aid certification is seen as a strong asset.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs.
- A true passion and drive to create incredible tasting artwork – imaginative, highly distinctive, and bold.
- A strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to impact performance.
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. You hate standing still for too long and want to grow your skills and your drive your career.
- Humility coupled with a good sense of humour.
If you want to elevate your career, either through a part-time or full-time role , we would love to hear from you.
MORE ABOUT #THEWAYWEWORK AT JOEY
Chosen for the seventh consecutive year on the Great Place To Work Institute's list of 100 best work places in Canada and recipient of the International Prism Award in 2011 and the CoachingWise award in 2015, The JOEY Restaurant Group is Canada’s leader in the premium casual dining market. Our menu is globally-inspired by little out-of-the-way places from all around the world. We take care of our guests with service that seems to say, “We thought of that just for you.” Our ongoing success is directly attributable to our exceptional team that thrives in a performance driven environment. Our work environment is high energy and our partners are focused on creating irresistible experiences for our guests. While we laugh a great deal, we have extremely high expectations of each other and top level performance is expected. We look for driven individuals who want to progress their career in a challenging, growing and dynamic company.