We’re seeking a go-getter account manager with a love for Vancouver’s exciting restaurant and food scene. As part of the SMC team, you’ll be immersed in the deliciously fast-paced environment of culinary PR, working with some of the city’s top names.
We’re looking for someone with a big personality who possesses strong written and verbal communication skills as well as a strong work ethic, demonstrates an obsessive attention to detail, takes initiative, and can learn on the fly. The ideal candidate should be up on current events — especially as it relates to the food and restaurant world — and have a knack for sniffing out a story. Perks include semi-regular team drinks and lunches/dinners at client restaurants as well as the opportunity to work with a group of fun, passionate and dynamic professionals (and all around cool crew!).
The ideal candidate is a true team player who’s up for any challenge, is positive, energetic and supportive of their colleagues and always happy to get their hands dirty. (i.e. do what it takes to make any campaign a success!)
Account Managers are responsible for overseeing all aspects of their client accounts, including, but not limited to the following:
- Immerse yourself in each clients’ distinct brand and work closely with them to craft an authentic story that shares what makes them special; write compelling, personalized pitches, draft media materials and pitch targeted media and influencers.
- Assist in creating and managing imaginative PR campaigns and influencer programs that will have a positive impact on clients’ businesses (and ultimately help them grow and succeed!).
- Working in conjunction with SMC’s staff writer, manage the distribution of, and compile all assets for, regular press releases to targeted media.
- Maintain ongoing, positive relationships with key media and influencers; on occasion host media at client restaurants during and after office hours (including some weekends when necessary).
- Manage all requests for client information, assets, interviews etc. in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate media interviews, photo and video shoots, radio and television appearances and act as the on-site liaison between clients and the media.
- Communicate VIP media reservation requests to clients.
- Create and organize on-brand events for new client restaurants, media previews and other initiatives including event logistics, guests lists and follow-up.
- Oversee all functions of MailChimp email database for applicable client accounts, including list maintenance, campaign distribution and analytics.
- Play an active role in ensuring social media accounts for applicable client accounts have a consistent voice / presence by communicating regularly with SMC’s Social + Digital Media Strategist.
- Share monthly clips and key social media mentions with the client and SMC team.
- Additional duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in communications, public relations or related field;
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in a communications or public relations role;
- A high level of proficiency with MS Word and Excel;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an extreme attention to detail;
- Extremely strong project management and time management skills along with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Experience with MailChimp, WordPress / Squarespace and basic HTML an asset;
- Graphic design experience and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite an asset;
- Hospitality / restaurant experience an asset.
Interested applicants may apply with their resume and cover letter with “Account Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 10.
** We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.